Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us on Facebook! and Twitter .

Friday 15 March 2013

Live Below the Line!


Live Below the Line is a campaign that's challenging the way people in the UK think about poverty - and hopefully making a huge difference.

On Student Dinners I try to make cheap and easy meals that cost less than £2.00 each so living on less than £1 a day for food and drink seems almost impossible but across the globe over a billion people do it everyday for everything- food, drink, healthcare, education, travel, everything!

Here's how the challenge works -

  • From the 29th April – 3rd May I can spend no more than £1 a day on food and drink.
  • This means I have a total of £5 with which to buy all ingredients for my meals.
  • The full cost of all the items I consume must be included in my budget. This means budgeting for whole packets of food items such as rice, pasta, noodles and eggs etc.
  • For items such as salt, pepper, herbs and spices, i have to work out the cost of each item per gram and budget my shopping proportionally.
  • I can’t grab a cheeky snack from the cupboard unless I include the cost of buying the item new in my budget.
  • No combination of meals on any given day can exceed the £1 spending limit. 
  • I cannot accept ‘donated’ food from family or friends, but monetary donations towards my fundraising goals are ok so please don't tempt me!
  • I am allowed to drink tap water.

  • By living off just £1 per day for food for 5 days, I hope to bring to life the direct experiences of the 1.4 billion people currently living in extreme poverty and helping to make real change.

    I'm going to be raising money for UNICEF, the world’s leading organisation for children, working in over 190 countries and territories to help every child realise their full potential. They provide health care, water, nutrition, education and protection for the world’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged children.

    So I am asking you to PLEASE sponsor me to show your support - any amount will be really appreciated, just £5 can help UNICEF feed a malnourished child for a week.

    The link to my 'Live Below the Line' sponsorship page is here -


    Thanks very much


    Max



    No comments:

    Post a Comment