Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us on Facebook! and Twitter .

Monday 6 May 2013

I lived below the line for 5 days & raised £180 for UNICEF!

I managed to Live Below the Line for 5 days on less than a £1 a day - I didn't feel too hungry but missed my protein, especially chicken and definitely started to feel more tired than usual by the end of the week.

I'm glad i did it though, it made me think a lot about how much we spend on food usually and how much choice we normally have.

It was ok for 5 days but I wouldn't like to have to do it for longer and I know that there are adults and children overseas and here in the UK that have very little money to spend on food all the time.

I saw comments some negative comments from people suggesting that it wasn't a true test as we didn't have to pay for shelter and power etc with the £1 - if you ask me that's a pretty stupid argument but then  there are people who always have to put down what others are doing - it makes me wonder what they are actually doing to help make a difference?

In the main though people were positive and really encouraging and I am really pleased that I have been able to raise £180 for UNICEF which I hope will help to feed children from Syria who have ended up in the refugee camps.

As Syria's civil war continues unabated, thousands of children have fled across the border, terrified and desperate for safe refuge from the spiralling violence.
Humanitarian needs are at critical levels inside Syria with more than 4 million people in urgent need of aid.

UNICEF is reaching families with blankets, foods and other essentials and helping children affected by the crisis cope.

Finally I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who sponsored me - I really appreciated your support - it kept me going!


No comments:

Post a Comment